I have heard a number of people argue that Putin cannot lose or has already won and although he might occupy some land and take many lives, but he has also lost morally, economically and spiritually due to his choice of action and the consequences thereof.
The concept of what happens if he wins or how he makes a form of winning happen are quite dark and what he does will contiune to be witnessed and broadcast so long as there is working camera on the ground from either citizen’s phones or major news outlets.
The options to Putin’s victory are quite dark but those for his defeat or withdrawl from Ukraine are all still options on the table and include but are not exclusive to the following for Ukraine and ergo humanity.
- There is a nuclear accident or deliberate assault on a nuclear facility in Ukraine that leads to a ceasefire.
- The Russian army puts down its weapons against its Slavic brothers.
- Putin dies of natural causes or is assassinated.
- There is regime change in Russia and Putin is held to account for war crimes along with those that supported said crimes.
- An ongoing war with much bloodshed and TV coverage that has no winner and exhaustes Russian resources.
- Russia does not use its nuclear arsenal.
- NATO escalates its commitment to Ukraine and a conventional war is undertaken which Putin loses.
- Any other combination of possibilities 1-7.
These are just a selection of what could happen. No one knows what will happen yet, but I hope we still exist when this madness has ended and that includes Ukraine and its people and homes too.
To assume Putin must win or has already won is short sighted and I pray and hope he will not, this one of the most critical prayers I and the world has ever pray for and although I do not know Gods will or vision for the future, I pray it includes living sentient beings.